1873-76. Kensington House, London - Built by Baron Albert Grant (Gottheimer) in 1873–6, Architect James Knowles, Jr. The Grand Hall was 90' wide. The building was never lived in, and was demolished in 1882.
A gold, black enamel, ivory and crystal mourning brooch, c.1790; the painted scene shows a dog, symbol of loyalty, beneath a willow tree, symbol of sorrow, before a hunting bag and rifle, symbols of the deceased 'L St'; hair has been included in the scene. (Kensington House Antiques/collectorsnet)